P’egp’íg7lha Traditional Council
P’egp’ig7lha Traditional Council
|Representative ||Alternate |
|Chairperson/Tribal Chief ||Shelley Leech || |
|Machell Family ||Carl Machell || Charlene Machell|
|Scotchman Family||Mike Leach|| Mildred Mackenzie |
|Billy Family|| Herbie Billy|| Dean Billy|
|Napoleon Family ||Marilyn Napoleon|| George Napoleon|
|Bones/Otis Family||Genevieve Humphreys|| Megan Thorne |
|Paul Hixon Family ||Yvonne Scotchman|| Norm Leech|
|Barney Family||Christine Barney|| Marie Barney |
|Bob Family||Doreen Copeland|| Mark Copeland |
|James Family||Nora Greenway|| |
|Brigman Family|| Luther Brigman || |
TRADITIONAL COUNCIL OF THE
TERMS OF REFERNCE
The Peg’pig’7lha Council, comprised of family representatives, is hereby mandated to carry out the following governing responsibilities:
• Conduct Government –to-Government and Nation-to-Nation negotiations related to St’át’imc Title and Rights.
• Finalize P’egp’ig7lha governing documents including the constitution, laws, policies, and procedures.
• Work with Elders Council to create a system of Laws to protect the traditional territory;
• Make rules regarding and advocate for tribal/traditional territories and represent community on these issues.
• Work with the T’ít’q’et Council to address community issues as required
• Work with Youth.
• Gather input from studies, needs assessments, and the legal status of issues related to the traditional territory, and generally keep informed about issues.
• Negotiate on behalf of the P’eg’pig7lha with all parties whose activities may impact upon the P’egp’ig7lha.
• Communicate, inform, consult with the people, and monitor broad input ensuring all have a voice.
• Seek advice of Elders Council to ensure St’át’imc principles are maintained.
• Seek ratification for decisions form the P’egp’ig7lha.
• Maintain Intra and Inter-tribal relations on behalf of the P’egp’ig7lha.
• Keep abreast of the address International issues effecting Indigenous peoples.
The Tribal Chief will report to and chair all P’egp’ig7lha Council meetings. The P’egp’i7lha Council will meet once monthly, and will meet with the Elders’ Council and the T’ít’q’et Council quarterly.
Signed at T’ít’q’et, this 29th day of September, the year 2002.